- Equipment How to make the most of your paragliding equipment, ensure your safety and expert advice on the best position for XC flying.
- Site analysis Take off and landing areas, where the best thermals may be and dangerous zones.
- Decision making Pre-flight and in-flight planning and tactics.
- Climatic Conditions Mountain weather, valley conditions, wind cycles and transitions.
- Thermalling Thermal development, finding and using thermals to maximised your height gains.
- XC speedHow to use your speedbar effectively.
- Glide efficiency During transitions
- Post-flight analysis Using vario and GPS information
We hold several XC Course each year in various locations such as:
Pachacamac in Lima and The Sacred Valley in Cusco. Please contact us for further information.
Participating pilots need the following equipment: paraglider, harness (with back protection), helmet, emergency reserve, radio, vario and GPS.
Your newly found love for XC may lead you into exploring competition flying. Our instructor, Luis Munarriz, is an excellent cross-country pilot with experience in many national and international competitions. He can give advice about launch windows, turn points, speed, goal line and instruments (vario and GPS’s).